INTEGRATED WILLS & PROBATE SERVICE
Will drafting and the administration of estates is carried out by Howard Shelley a senior solicitor with 13 years post qualification experience.
If you choose to appoint this firm as a sole or joint executor of your estate we will:
• Discount our fees (see below) for the preparation of your will by 50%
• Securely keep your will at no charge to you or your estate.
• Provide you with copies of a letter you can distribute to your family to let them know where your will is held.
• Charge your estate on your death at the hourly rate currently allowed for A Grade solicitors in Birmingham less 15%, plus disbursements for the work involved in administering it. Currently that would work out as £180.45 per hour. We will not charge any uplift on those fees based on the value of your estate.
• Your estate will incur expenses (known as disbursements) in particular probate fees, which are currently (as at Dec 2018) ±215. In addition there may be tracing fees (if a beneficiary cannot be located) and land registry fees if a property is in involved
• If you choose not to appoint this firm as an executor of your will, we will charge £200 +VAT for preparing a simple will leaving the entire estate to named individuals providing:
(a) Advice on reducing liability to inheritance tax is not required.
(b) None of the funds are to be held under the terms of a will trust.
(c) No provision is required for a testamentary Guardian.
(d) No property is held abroad.
For more complex wills we will have to consider the amount of the work involved and this will be charged out to you at £50 + VAT per hour. We would not charge you more than £1000 + VAT under any circumstances.
Generally preparing a will does not require us to incur any disbursements but if you require us to travel to you we will charge mileage and, exceptionally, we may require a medical report to confirm you retain the capacity to prepare a will.